EMPHASIS is an organisation that will enable researchers to use facilities, resources and services for plant phenotyping across Europe. To this end, we work closely with experts operating phenotyping installations. EMPHASIS is currently in the preparatory phase, and you can already now participate in several ways:
- Get in touch with infrastructure representative in your country (EMPHASIS Support Group members). They form the link between national communities and EMPHASIS, providing input on the respective country’s expectations and informing the community about EMPHASIS’ developments
- Your institution can be integrated in the EMPHASIS plant phenotyping landscape map. This map informs plant phenotyping stakeholders in Europe about existing plant phenotyping installations. Being included will increase your visibility with potential users and funders and foster consortia building. In order to be included in the map, please complete the installation entry form. We also encourage you to use the EMPHASIS plant phenotyping landscape map to identify potential cooperation partners for future projects on plant phenotyping.
- Subscribe to our newsletter, Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook pages to be kept in the loop regarding new developments within EMPHASIS and the European plant phenotyping communities and be informed about upcoming events.
- Share your latest news, events etc. with the international plant phenotyping community via our newsletter, Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook pages by dropping us an email with your content.
- Make use of the services of our partner projects, i.e., trans-national access via EPPN2020 or find joint activities on a global level via IPPN.
- If you would like further information or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the EMPHASIS Coordination and Support Office.
EMPHASIS will provide a number of benefits to your facility:
- Participating in EMPHASIS will attract new users and new partners for joint projects.
- Your installation can participate in a European-wide excellence-driven access procedure, attracting additional users, increasing your visibility and supporting research quality.
- You and your users can utilize synergies related to common experimental and data standards.
- You can benefit from EMPHASIS engaging and attracting industry to plant phenotyping installations.
- Through EMPHASIS you can get access to cutting-edge and affordable technology.
- EMPHASIS will raise awareness for the relevance of plant phenotyping with funders, policy makers and the broader public, providing a platform for you to bring in your perspective on the future development of European plant phenotyping towards these stakeholders.
- EMPHASIS will support you in building up and sustaining competences for operating your facility.